Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Pee Pee post

I took the kids to the park this evening while Jenny was at Enrichment Night. I thought it would be fun to play hide-and-go-seek, so Porter and I counter while Ethan and Haley went to hide.
Once we found Haley, she squeezed her legs together and started doing the potty dance, yelling that she need to go potty. I told her that we would head for home and stop at a friend's house on the way if it was that urgent. She suggested that she just go in the bushes so that we could stay and keep playing. I told her no and that we needed to leave now if she hoped to make it home with dry pants. All of the sudden she stopped dancing and yelling and said 'Okay, I don't really need to go.' I thought she had just pretended to need to go so that she could go in the bushes (she's weird like that). Porter and I went to count again so that Ethan and Haley could go hide. When we finished counting I turned around to look for the kids. Across the park and in the bushes I saw a little white bum pointing right back at me. She was half hidden behind a tree and obviously trying to hurry things along. I pretended not to see her. Once we came around to where she was hiding and Porter found her she looked at me quizzically and said 'Dad, my pants are wet in the back. I think it started raining.' I could not get past the dead-pan look. Hilarious.

I gotta keep an eye on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment